Monday, April 27, 2015

The Anzac Service, Tokoroa 2015

After a long day at Waiouru  Room 10 did not make it to the Dawn Parade ( well done to Brodan, Elijah and Abi for getting up early and attending!). 
As some of our House Captains were presenting a wreath on behalf of the school - over half the class gave up their time to march in the parade too and attend the service at the Council Building to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the Gallipoli Landing. 
Ready to march - with our House Captains Kiana, Robert and Scarlett






Listening to the Mayor speak





Abi' s pic' from the Dawn Service

The words spoken by Prime Minister John Key at Gallipoli 
Thanks also to those Tokoroa Photographers whose pictures I have included in this post

It was really fun marching with all of the other people at the Anzac parade. It was pretty emotional to see most of the people wearing medals and all of the crosses by the council building. I really liked it.
Chanel

I went to the Anzac Service.
Some of our class marched around the street to represent our school and remember those who fought for peace in our country.1,000 people attended to the Tokoroa anzac services, lots of people wore medals. I felt proud marching with the high school but we weren't as good at marching as them.
Riley

I attended the dawn parade with the Scouts early in the morning; I think there were more people at the Dawn Parade then the Anzac Service.
Keelan
I attended the 9.00am ANZAC parade we had to get there at 8.30am then we started at 9.00am and we marched to the Council Building from the Court House. It was fun marching through town.    Kiana

I attended the Hamilton Anzac parade, It was very big and there was about 5000 people and children there, there was about 50 wreaths and a lot of speeches. I’m glad that i paid my respects.           Jackson

This was my first time going to the 8:30 ANZAC parade representing Tokoroa Intermediate. it was fun when we were marching but Tokoroa high school was much better than us, we marched from the courthouse to the council building. Strathmore School sang beautifully.
Emma

I went to the Anzac service and I tried to march, but I can’t get my arms and legs right to march right.   Hunter

I attended the Dawn Parade with my dad and I was really thrilled to see how much people came to remember the sacrifice that all those men and women made 100 years ago.
I also attended the Anzac service and I was so happy to march with my class and listen
to my brother and sister sing with Strathmore School.
Elijah

The Anzac service was fun because Starden and I tried to walk like the real soldiers.
The house captains laid a wreath by the Council.   Lucas

I watched the Gallipoli ceremony because my cousin was one of the four NZ Navy force people who were picked to represent NZ at the Gallipoli because she had two connections who had fought in WW. Their names were Thomas and Issac Hunt and they were Maori.      Brodie

I did not attend an ANZAC parade. The ANZACs landed in Gallipoli on the 25th of April  
We will remember.     Aliana.
.
I did not attend in the ANZAC service but i watched it on TV. There were heaps of people that attended in ANZAC services.        Pita.  

I attended the Dawn and the 8:30 Parade with St John.We were walking in the colour party.  We had to walked from St John to the Club [Dawn] and also walked from Court house to the council [8:30] I had to lay the wreath.         Anton

I did not attend an Anzac service but I did see photos and some things on the TV about the parades and how many people were attending the parades all over the country.
Taliyah

I went to the Anzac parade and I felt proud because I was representing our school and remembering the people who died in World War 1. 1,000 people attended to the Tokoroa Anzac parade and lots of people wore their own medals or someone else’s medals that were in their family.
Ashlyn   

I did not attend the ANZAC service but I did watch the ANZAC service in Wellington on live TV. I was so amazed on how many people were wearing medals whether it was theirs or their grandparents. The people that were talking were on a high platform beneath them were thousands of people. I felt sad when they started to talk about the remembrance of our soldiers that fought in Gallipoli.     Hoana-Rose

I did not attend an ANZAC service or the dawn parade. The ANZACs landed at Gallipoli on the 25th of April. We will remember them.
Faith

I went to the Anzac service, we listened to people talk about the world wars - some of the people that were talking were in the war and we also listened to some of the kids sing a couple of songs.   Saige

I went to the morning Anzac service and speeches were long. Starden

I went to the Anzac morning service and i found it pretty cool marching and listening to the speeches. Jackira

I went to the Dawn Parade, I saw lots of medals and people wearing them like my poppa. I liked it that there were a lot of people that did go because it is the 100 year anniversary
Abi

I attended the ANZAC parade and we were at the back of the parade and we walked from the court house to the council, we sang the national anthem and after the ANZAC parade my brother got a picture taken with some soldiers.
Zarah









No comments:

Post a Comment