Monday, May 21, 2012

Rations for lunch...

Today we had a taste of what the soldiers had Gallipoli had to eat - Army biscuits, cheese, jam and bully beef. Unlike the soldiers our 'rations' were fresh and we didn't have to contend with dirt and flies...
Today I had my first soldiers lunch and I thought it was disgusting. I would feel scared eating that food, because the biscuits would break your teeth and you would feel sick. We had it fresh, but it would be gross with mud and a side of flies.       Sarah


Today’s lunch would have been much better than what the soldiers ate at Gallipoli, because our food was fresh. I didn't like the soldier's lunch because I am a fussy eater. The army biscuits were hard as rock. I feel sorry for the soldiers that had to eat such disgusting food every day.      Laura



I hated it, I feel so sorry for those who had to eat it. If I had to eat that every day I would die!I am happy we only had to eat it once- I can't wait to get those Anzac biscuits...              Porche

I thought the biscuits were as hard as rocks, they were so disgusting. I feel sorry for the soldiers. The corned beef was really salty, I haven't eaten corned beef by itself - I usually eat it with spaghetti.          Jevon



Today when we had a Gallipoli soldiers lunch I thought the biscuit was hard as rock and the corned beef was yuck. I didn't like the biscuit because I chipped my tooth. I don't think I would have survived being a soldier in the war with that the only thing to eat!       Jake

                           
Today we had a soldier's lunch. We had jam, cheese, corned beef and hard biscuits. The biscuits were rock hard and tasted weird, it was horrible. The corned beef was yummy, luckily it wasn't warm and yuck like the soldiers had them. The jam and cheese were nice- I bet they tasted worse at Gallipoli, but it must have been better than nothing.                        Katie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment