Thursday, November 24, 2011

Papa O Te Aroha Marae - Memoirs 2011

 The Mattress Room 
My eyes open as wide as they can; my eyes stared at the door saying Mattress Room. I loved the mattress room like a fat boy likes cake. I open the door I feel like a missing piece of my heart had been connected. I was lost but found. I was a rat in a cheese factory. I ran in flipping off the mattresses. “Come in,” I said to the others.
Five years I have waited, the drought has broken. 
By Christian Ria
 The Ki O Rahi Legend                                       
Wow! I thought as I saw Tim Monga-Pita bring in all the cameras in. It felt like I was a star about to shoot a movie. I saw the huge microphone Jonas and I had to use. It was as tall as me. KC said you had to be silent because it could pick up the slightest whisper.
We were filming the Ki O Rahi legend, and I was extremely nervous. Everyone was so quite you could hear a pin drop. “set and ACTION,” she would repeat over and over until we got it right. I was rather exhausted after all the takes we did. But I shouldn’t complain, the actors had to do the hard work. Hopefully this is the last one I kept thinking to myself. ”ohh I sighed as she said” one more,” about five more times.Now I know what Hollywood star have to go  I thought , making 1 to 2 hour movies only ours is about 20 minutes.
”Cut! “She called. I honestly could have dropped to the ground with relief. 
By Iva Placid
Dishes
There were like five giant mountains of dirty plates and a big long stream of cups. Splash, splash!  the mountains were falling into the water. Scrub, scrub they were getting washed by Mrs Neho and I.
The five giant mountains were washed and dried. It was time to wash the big long stream of cups. At last the mountains were crushed and the stream was destroyed. Thank God for Mrs Neho.
By David Dewar

No comments:

Post a Comment