Friday, March 28, 2014

Memoir Writing

Our first efforts at Memoir writing:


Room 10 Memoirs March 2014


I couldn't find Matthew's memoir when these were published - so here it is:

THE SOCCER GAME
My team and I were warming up to begin a soccer game. It was just about time to start and the other team hadn’t turned up yet, then at the last minute they came. Next the whistle blew. The other team were kicking off. They kicked it off down the field. I got the ball and I dribbled it down the field. I got to the goal and there was one more player in defence. I took a shot and I got a goal I was pleased. I hear clapping and cheering. I was feeling confident that I would get more goals.
The ball got taken back to half way, one of their players passed the ball to his team mate then he dribbled it down to the goal. I rushed after him he kicked the ball and it hit the post, I said close one,” to myself / I got the ball. I was sprinting down the side line and the other team player just about swiped the ball off me. I shot I got another goal, my second goal. I felt like a machine I got I got two more goals before half time, then the half time whistle blew.
And my coach said “well done Matthew.” I gulped a drink of water and an orange down. My team and I get back on the field, now this time we kick off. I was beside the kicker, I said; “pass to me” and again the whistle blew. He passed to and I passed back. I don’t think the other team had a chance against us I soon scored my fifth goal.

In the end I had six goals. It was 14/0 to our team. We totally wrecked them. Our team then took our shirts off. My coach announced player off the day it was me, I so deserved it.  I got a Moro bar and a trophy, I felt so excited and proud of myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment